To comply with the primary duty of care requirements of WHS Act 2011 and WHS Regulations 2011, a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) must provide information, training, instruction or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety arising from work carried out as part of conduct of business or undertaking.
Depending on the type of equipment a person has been trained on, completion of the Yellow Card training course provides ‘evidence of training’ for following equipment: Boom Lift (under 11m), Scissor Lift, Vertical Lift, Trailer Lift or Truck Mount.
Yellow Card course is an accredited course that is both specific to a particular model of equipment and to the Elevating Work Platforms (EWP) in general.
This training course covers operation of elevating work platforms in the resources and infrastructure industires. It consists of planning and preparing for operations, working from the platform, carrying out maintenance and cleaning up.
Following topics are covered:
- requirements, procedures and instructions for operating elevating work platforms (EWPs)
- implementation of requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of operating EWPs
- working with others to undertake and complete the operation of EWPs that meet all of the required outcomes
- consistent timely completion of operating EWPs in safe, effective and efficient manner that meets required outcomes.
To successfully complete the course, participants are required to successfully complete verbal, written and practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment
- Elevating Work Platform Assosiation ‘Trained Operator’ Yellow Card ( the card is specific to the type of EWP participants have been trained in, i.e. Boom Lift under 11m, Scissor Lift, Vertical Lift, Trailer Lift or Truck Mount)
- Identification. Participants are required to provide suitable identification.
- Minimum Age. Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- Basic understanding of English language. Participants are required to have basic understanding, reading and writing English skills.
YOU MUST WEAR/BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO THIS COURSE:
- HI VIS WORKWEAR OR SAFETY VEST
- STEEL CAP FOOTWEAR
- HARD HAT
(Entry to premises will not be allowed if you fail to bring/wear the items above).
WETHERILL PARK Unit 1, 108 Newton Road, Wetherill Park NSW 2164
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking information