Construction Induction training is required for:
- All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive a WorkSafe Victoria issued White Card, a person must attend a formal face-to-face training session. White cards obtain through online providers might not be accepted on some construction site in Victoria.
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety (WHS) related topics, such as health and safety legislative requirements of construction work, construction hazards and risk control measures, health and safety communication and reporting processes and incident and emergency response procedures.
White Card training course consists of PowerPoint presentation, class activities, videos and end of the day assessment.
White Card Information:
- WorkSafe VIC issued plastic cards are national and accepted all across Australia
- If a person is out of the industry for 2 consecutive years, WorkSafe VIC recommends to re-do the course to be compliant and have up-to-date safety information.
- To get a replacement for a lost or stolen WorkSafe VIC issued white card, a person needs to contact WorkSafe VIC directly on 1300 852 562.
Owner Builder Information:
When applying for the Owner Builder licence, you will be required to provide a copy of your plastic white card.
Please note that the Victorian Building Association (VBA) accepts ONLY plastic cards. Paper Statements of Attainment are not accepted.
Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (e.g. passport, Australian driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
Please note that non-Australian Driver’s Licences are not accepted.
Check WorkSafe VIC list of acceptable forms of I.D.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to complete the necessary registration paperwork.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants arrive 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
3. BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
As per WorkSafe Victoria requirements, the basic understanding, reading and writing of English is required.
Use of interpreters and translators is not allowed.
The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class based on the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test that is available to all participants.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training and allows to start work immediately)
- WorkSafe VIC issued Construction Induction plastic card (which will be mailed by WorkSafe Victoria)
MELBOURNE Suite 1.05, Level 1, 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne VIC 3004
SUNSHINE 2 Hampton Avenue, Sunshine VIC 3020
HALLAM 2/35 Rimfire Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking Information