Construction Induction training is required for:
- All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive a WorkSafe Victoria issued White Card, a person must attend a formal face-to-face training session. White cards obtain through online providers might not be accepted on some construction site in Victoria.
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety (WHS) related topics, such as health and safety legislative requirements of construction work, construction hazards and risk control measures, health and safety communication and reporting processes and incident and emergency response procedures.
White Card training course consists of PowerPoint presentation, class activities, videos and end of the day assessment.
White Card Information:
- WorkSafe VIC issued plastic cards are national and accepted all across Australia
- If a person is out of the industry for 2 consecutive years, WorkSafe VIC recommends to re-do the course to be compliant and have up-to-date safety information.
- To get a replacement for a lost or stolen WorkSafe VIC issued white card, a person needs to contact WorkSafe VIC directly on 1300 852 562.
Owner Builder Information:
When applying for the Owner Builder licence, you will be required to provide a copy of your plastic white card.
Please note that the Victorian Building Association (VBA) accepts ONLY plastic cards. Paper Statements of Attainment are not accepted.
Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (e.g. passport, Australian driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
Please note that non-Australian Driver’s Licences are not accepted.
Check WorkSafe VIC list of acceptable forms of I.D.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to complete the necessary registration paperwork.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants arrive 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
3. LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
As per WorkSafe Victoria requirements, the basic understanding, reading and writing of English is required. Use of interpreters and translators is not allowed.
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete an LLN indicator to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have sufficient LLN skills to do simple calculations, understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English to undertake training and assessment in any of our courses.
For further information on student support services please refer to the student handbook.
4. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
To attend the class, you MUST have the following PPE available prior to the beginning of the class.
PPE is available for sale through the hardware warehouses (such as Bunnings or RSEA).
Please note that PPE must meet Australian Standards (refer to below list for standards and examples).
According to the WorkSafe VIC, following PPE is required
- Head Protection (hard hat) (AS/NZS 1801 Occupational protective helmets) See Bunnings UniSafe Yellow Type 1 ABS Safety Helmet
- Eye Protection (AS 1337.1 Personal eye protection, Eye and face protectors for occupational applications) See Bunnings EyeShileds Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection (AS/NZS 1270 Acoustics – Hearing protectors) See Bunnings 3M Disposable Ear Plugs
- High visibility reflective vest (AS/NZS 4602.1 High visibility safety garments class day/night and AS/NZS 1906.4 – Retroreflective materials & High Visibility materials for safety garments) See Bunnings UniSafe Large Orange Hi-Vis Day / Night Safety Vest
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training and allows to start work immediately)
- WorkSafe VIC issued Construction Induction plastic card (which will be mailed by WorkSafe Victoria)
MELBOURNE Suite 1.05, Level 1, 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne VIC 3004
SUNSHINE 2 Hampton Avenue, Sunshine VIC 3020
HALLAM 2/35 Rimfire Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking Information