Advanced First Aid Melbourne training covers both HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid and HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation accreditation.
The HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid component of this course supersedes the older HLTFA412A Apply Advanced First Aid qualification.
The HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation component of this course supersedes the older HLTFA404C Apply Advanced Resuscitation Techniques qualification.
The Advanced First Aid Course Melbourne is designed for:
- Incident and Accident Responders
- Site Incident And Accident Staff
- Community Health Team members
- Child and Elderly Carers
- Recreational team leaders
- Security staff
- Defence personnel
Advanced First Aid Training Melbourne includes:
- Management of other first aiders and emergency situations
- Higher levels of first aid and CPR practices
- Appropriate first responder processes
- Monitoring vital signs until professional emergency services arrive
- Liaising and coordinating with professional emergency personnel
- Legal and procedural processes
- Cleaning and maintaining emergency CPR equipment
More complex procedures covered in this course include use and maintenance of advanced CPR apparatus.
Advanced First Aid training includes the use of the following equipment:
- Back Boards and Stretchers
- Trauma Dressings
- Oxygen Tanks
- Bag Valve CPR Masks
- Epi-Pens and Asthma Puffers
- Roller and Triangular Bandages
The course consists of:
- Pre-studied online theory component
- Face to face instruction
- Practical and role play demonstrations
- End-of-the-day assessment
1. Current First Aid Certificate
All students must show current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certification (or equivalent accreditation) before being allowed to participate.
If you are required to refresh your first aid qualification, please visit our First Aid Melbourne page for course information, training schedule and online bookings.
Students without a current HLTAID003 certificate will not be allowed to participate in the class.
After they have enrolled, participants will be asked to complete online theory workbooks and submit online declaration prior to the course.
If Edway Training does not receive either the completed workbooks or declaration, students will not be allowed to participate in the training.
3. Late Attendance
All students must be at the training venue at least 15 minutes prior to course starting time so First Aid certification and IDs can be sighted, and payments verified.
Students, who arrive 20 minutes after the course is scheduled to start, will not be allowed to participate.
4. Evidence of Photo ID
Participants are required to provide a valid form of photo identification to be sighted before they can be admitted to the training. Some example of accepted forms of ID are passports, driver’s license, student cards and proof of age cards.
Participants without photo ID will not be issued with the statement of attainment.
5. English Language
All students must have good English communication skills and have sufficient numeracy abilities. If you are unsure whether you have the required skills, Edway Training can provide you with a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the course based on the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
6. Be Physically Mobile
To be successful as an Advanced First Aider a competent level of mobility is required.
All students who are assessed as having competently completed the practical hands-on and written components of the assessment will be awarded nationally accredited certification for:
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid (valid for 3 years)
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation (valid for 1 year)
MELBOURNE Level 1, Illoura Plaza, 424 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking Information