VIC Roads has following training requirements:
- Before undertaking the tasks of a Traffic Controller on a public road, a person must successfully complete Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat RIIWHS205D training course.
- A person should attend Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat RIIWHS205D refresher course every three years.
- A valid Traffic Controller’s Statement of Attainment must be carried at all times when operating as a Traffic Controller.
- Upon request, the Traffic Controller’s Statement of Attainment must be presented to any Police officer, WorkSafe office, VicRoads officer, Municipal Council Authorised Officer or other person in-charge of a worksite or their delegate.
Traffic Control training course provides required skills and knowledge for the Traffic Controllers to ensure safety of traffic controllers, fellow workers, motorists and other road users; enable works at the site to be conducted safely by minimising the risks associated with traffic movement; control traffic in a professional manner to enable drivers to negotiate through, past, or around the work site safely; ensure that indication given to the traffic is consistent with the display provided by the traffic signals; maintain traffic control in emergencies and other difficult situations and minimise delays to traffic.
The course covers topics such as plan and prepare, control traffic, operate communication devices and clean up.
The class consists of Powerpoint presentation, videos, practical activities and end of the day practical and theory assessments.
- CLOTHING To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
THE TRAINER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO THE CLASS if appropriate shoes are not worn.
Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (e.g. passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants arrive 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
- BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class based on the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test which is available to all participants.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training)
- Plastic wallet size card (which will be mailed after the course)
SUNSHINE 2 Hampton Avenue, Sunshine VIC 3020
HALLAM 2/35 Rimfire Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking Information