According to the VIC Roads training requirements, all field personnel responsible for setting out, implementing and/or monitoring a Traffic Guidance Scheme (as required by a traffic management plan) must have:
- Taken a course in Traffic Guidance Scheme implementation (Implement traffic management plan RIIWHS302D), or
- Taken an appropriate refresher course within the last three years, from a Registered Training Organisation accredited under the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA).
Traffic Management training course covers topics, such as plan and prepare to implement traffic management plan, set out the traffic guidance scheme, monitor traffic guidance scheme, close down traffic and clean up.
The course consists of powerpoint theory presentation, videos, practical activities and end of the day practical and theory assessments.
Traffic Management training course does not provide Traffic Control qualification. To obtain Traffic Control qualification, a person is required to complete Traffic Control training to receive ‘Control Traffic with the Stop-Slow Bat RIIWHS205D’ qualification
Visit our Traffic Control page for more information about the course.
- CLOTHING To safely perform practical activities, participants are required to wear comfortable closed-in shoes.
THE TRAINER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO THE CLASS if appropriate shoes are not worn.
Participants must provide one form of photo I.D. (e.g. passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card).
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if participants do not provide a valid form of I.D.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior the scheduled starting time of the course to the complete necessary registration paperwork.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants arrive 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
- BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
To complete the course assessments, the basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.
The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class based on the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test which is available to all participants.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training)
- Plastic wallet size card (which will be mailed after the course)
SUNSHINE 2 Hampton Avenue, Sunshine VIC 3020
HALLAM 2/35 Rimfire Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking Information