White Card Sydney

Construction Induction training course (also known as the White Card or Green Card training) is a mandatory legal requirement for all persons involved in the construction industry.


6.5 Hours + Breaks


Sydney CBD


Booked and Paid online: $110
Pay at the Door: $135
(price includes cost of Safe Work NSW card)

Book Now Limited Spots Available

Need Help? Call

1300 663 350

Course Overview

Prepare to Work Safety in the Construction Industry CPCCWHS1001

  • Certificate Issued on the Day
  • 6.5 Hours
  • In Person
  • Nationally Accredited

Construction Induction Training covers Work Health and Safety related topics such as WHS legislative requirements construction hazards and control measure, WHS communication and reporting processes and WHS incident response procedures.

Edway is Nationally Recognised & Accepted
by all Employers

Nationally Recognised White Card Training


Construction Induction training is required for:

  • All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
  • All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
  • All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones

IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive an NSW White Card, a person must attend a formal face-to-face training session. White cards obtain through online providers might not be accepted on some construction sites in NSW.

Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety related topics, such as WHS legislative requirements, construction hazards and control measure, WHS communication and reporting processes and WHS incident response procedures.

White Card training course consists of the PowerPoint presentation, class activities, videos and end of the day assessment.

Course Requirements


Participants must provide 100 points of I.D. (e.g. passport + driver’s licence). Check Evidence of Identity & Record of Training for General Construction Induction Training Under the Health and Safety Regulation 2017  for the list of acceptable IDs.

ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants do not provide 100 points of I.D.


Registrations opens from 9.00 am. It is highly recommended that students arrive at this time to complete necessary registration paperwork to allow training to commence on time.



To complete the course assessments, a basic understanding of reading and writing English is required.

The trainer reserves the right to refuse entry to the class based on the outcome of the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test which is available to all participants.

Course Outcomes

Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:

  • Statement of Training (which allows starting work immediately)
  • Construction Induction plastic card (which will be mailed by SafeWork NSW)

Course Location

SYDNEY Ground Floor, 155 – 159 William Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Check Map, Public Transport and Parking information


Pay when booking online to receive the discounted price. Payment Method: VISA and MASTERCARD payments are accepted (0% surcharge fee).

Payment Methods: Cash, VISA and MASTERCARD payments (2% surcharge fee) are accepted.

INVOICE $120.00
This payment method ONLY applies to companies and employment agencies.
A valid Purchase Order / Authority to Invoice MUST be submitted prior to the day of training.
For more information, please refer to the ‘Invoice Payment Procedure’ section of the confirmation email.
* Terms & Conditions apply.

Training Provider Information

At Darlinghurst, the White Card training course is delivered and certificates are issued by Edway Training Pty Ltd  (RTO No 91401).

Edway Training Pty Ltd is approved by SafeWork NSW and accredited by Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.

At Liverpool, the White Card training course is delivered and certificates are issued by St. Moses the Black Pty Ltd (RTO No 41526).

St. Moses the Black Pty Ltd is approved by SafeWork NSW and accredited by Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.

Important USI Requirement

From 1 January 2015, every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Students can use their USI to access their enrolment and achievement record from a single online source. The USI is made up of ten numbers and letters. A USI account will contain all of a student’s nationally recognised training records and results since 1 January 2015.


  • Edway Training will verify your USI before a certificate or statement can be issued.
  • You can apply for your USI after completing this registration process here https://www.usi.gov.au


We love questions, almost as much as we love providing answers. Here are a few samplings of what we’re typically asked, along with our responses.

Can Centrelink pay for my course?

Centrelink does not make payments directly to training organisations for participants’ courses. What you will have to do is register with a local job agency, your case worker will make the booking with us on your behalf as well as arrange payment.

Can I pay for my course in instalments?

All courses must be paid for in full either at the time of booking or at the time of registration. Our training course prices are extremely competitive and high quality. We aim to make them as affordable as possible while still providing superior training solutions.

After my course, can you find me work?

We are closely tied with Edway Labour Hire, a recruitment company specialising in short term labour hire in the construction industry. If you are interested in applying, please see one of our friendly staff members.

What if I struggle with English?

For all our courses, a basic to intermediate understanding of the English language is required. Some courses allow the use of translators or interpreters, it is best to check the course requirements before making a booking. If we suspect you may struggle to understand the course content, you will be asked to complete an English test.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept VISA/Mastercard payments as well as EFTPOS or cash. We can invoice your company, however, this needs to be arranged prior to your course.

What is your cancellation policy?

Generally, we require 48 business hours notice in order to cancel a booking. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.

What is a White Card?

White Card refers to a plastic card obtained after successful completion of the General Construction Induction training. In NSW, white cards are issued by WorkCover NSW after successful completion of the unit of competency ‘Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A’. The training course must be delivered by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) accredited and WorkCover NSW approved Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

In New South Wales, White Cards are also known as Green Cards or Construction Induction Training (GIT) Cards or Construction Induction (CI) Cards.

Who needs to complete the White Card training?

Generally speaking, White Card training is required for persons whose job requires them entering construction zones to perform construction-related work activities. Completion of a White Card training course allows a person to do so without the supervision of a White Card qualified person.

White Card is required for a wide range of jobs from construction-related personnel (e.g. labourers, workers, painters, bricklayers, supervisor, site managers) to service personnel (e.g. demolition persons, plumbers, electricians, telecommunication installers) and all other workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones (e.g. architects, delivery persons, cleaners).

What is the minimum age to complete the White Card training?

In NSW, a person needs to be at leat 14 years of age to be able to attend a White Card training course.

What forms of Identification Document (I.D.) do I need to provide?

To attend White Card training in NSW, a person needs to provide 100 points of I.D.

For example, a combination of passport (70 points) and current Australian drivers licence (40 points) will be providing sufficient evidence of identity. To find out what other documents can be used to achieve 100 points, refer to the WorkCover NSW Information Sheet ‘Evidence of Identity’.

If a person does not provide 100 points of I.D., they will not be able to attend the class.

Please note a person needs to provide original documents and certified copies will not be accepted.

There are exclusion and special provisions for the following groups:

  • School students
  • Correction centres
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
  • Overseas persons who arrived in Australia less than 6 weeks.

For more information about special provisions, refer to the WorkCover NSW Information Sheet ‘Evidence of Identity’.

Can I use an overseas driver’s licence as a form of Identification Document (I.D.)?

No. Overseas driver’s licenses are not accepted as a valid form of I.D. Please note that this does not apply to the overseas persons recently arrived in Australia (less than 6 weeks).

I have just arrived in Australia and do not have 100 points of Identification Documents (I.D.) What should I do?

Persons who have been in Australia for the period of time less than 6 weeks are granted special consideration and do not have to provide 100 points of I.D.Their identity can be verified by providing one example of the original travel documents (e.g. passport) and one other form of I.D. (e.g. driver’s licence, bank card or statement).

For more information, refer to the ‘Overseas persons recently arrived in Australia (less than 6 weeks) section of the WorkCover NSW Information Sheet ‘Evidence of Identity’.

What is involved in the White Card training course? What do I learn?

White Card training course consists of a PowerPoint presentation, videos, class activities and end of the day assessment. The course covers Work Health and Safety related topics, such as:

  • WHS Act and Regulations
  • Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
  • Duties and responsibilities of various parties involved in the process (e.g. duty of care)
  • Examples of various types of PPE (personal protective equipment) and Safety Signage
  • Hazard and risk identification process (including hierarchy of control)
  • WHS communication and incident reporting processes
  • Examples of various types of WHS documentation (e.g. SWMS, JSA, MSDS)
  • WHS First Aid requirements
  • Emergency response procedure
  • Examples of various types of fires and fire extinguishers

What jobs can I get now that I have my White Card?

Completion of the White Card training course is a safety training requirements for a wide range of jobs. Generally speaking, a white card qualified person can apply for construction-related positions and trades, such as:

  • Labouring
  • Bricklaying
  • Demolition work
  • Asbestos removal work
  • Carpentry
  • Floor, wall and roof tiling
  • Landscaping
  • Repairs, renovations and refurbishment
  • Painting
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Cleaning

Please note that white card training only will not be sufficient for some jobs and additional job specific training maybe required.

How long is a White Card valid for?

White Cards do not have the expiry date. However, Clause 316 of WHS Regulation 2011 states that White Card becomes invalid if a person did not perform any construction for 2 consecutive years.

How can I get a replacement for a lost or stolen White Card?

Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), such as Edway Training, do not have authority to issue White Card replacement. To get a replacement for your lost or stolen WorkCover NSW issued White Card, you need to contact WorkCover NSW.WorkCover NSW issued White Card can be replaced via WorkCover NSW Licence Replacement online portal, as long as your details (e.g. postal address, name) remain unchanged. If your details have changed, you can update them by submitting Application for Change of Details. Completed application can be lodged via fax, email or post (please refer to the Section 7. Lodging your application and supporting document(s) for more details).

White Cards can also be replaced by submitting Application to Replace a High Risk Work Licence or General Construction Induction Card. Completed application can be lodged via fax, email or post (please refer to the Lodgement section for more details).

Please note that there is a fee that needs to be paid to WorkCover NSW for a white card replacement. For the latest fee information, visit WorkCover NSW Fee Schedule page.

For more information about how to replace a White Card, please visit WorkCover NSW White Cards (CIC) page or contact them on 13 10 50.

I have a White Card from a different state. Is it valid in NSW?

WorkCover NSW recognises Construction Induction Cards issued by other WorkCover authorities under corresponding Work Health and Safety legislation as long as the cards are still recognised by issuing WorkCover authority and they haven’t been cancelled, suspended or expired.

For more information and examples of recognised construction induction card, check WorkCover NSW Fact Sheet ‘Recognition of general construction induction training cards’.

What is the difference between a Green Card and a White Card?

Generally speaking, there is not much difference between Green Cards and White Cards. Both cards represent General Construction Induction training.

Prior to 2009, NSW Construction Induction cards were commonly known as Green Cards and were valid in NSW only. After 2009, National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work was implemented regarding the delivery of the general construction induction training. Construction Induction Cards became nationally accepted and became known as White Cards.

Although Green Cards are still accepted in NSW, these days only White Cards are issued after successful completion of the ‘Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A’ training course.

What do I receive on the day and how long until I receive my White Card?

You do not receive your plastic, wallet sized White Card on the day of training.However, you will be issued with an Interim Certificate with a SOT (Statement of Training) number that is valid for 60 days and acts as a temporary White Card.

After the successful completion of the course, Edway Training will submit your White Card application to the WorkCover NSW who will issue the plastic white card and post it to the address you provided within 60 days.

When can I start work?

Technically speaking, you can start work on the day of the training.Interim Certificates must be accepted on construction sites as proof of the successful completion of the General Construction Induction training while WorkCover NSW is processing white card application. Once a person receives plastic White Card, the Interim Certificate is no longer valid and a person needs to present their White Card as a proof of completion of the ‘Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCCOHS1001A’ training course.

Is the White Card valid in different states?

WorkCover NSW White Cards are nationally recognised and accepted all across Australia. So once you receive your WorkCover NSW issued White Card, you can use it for work in any Australian state or territory.

Can I do the White Card training online?

Yes, you can. However, you cannot obtain a White Card issued by WorkCover NSW through online training. White cards obtained through online training providers will be issued either by WorkSafe Western Australia or WorkSafe Queensland.

Although all White Cards are nationally recognised, some construction sites in NSW do not accept online white cards because residents of NSW are required to complete a formal face-to-face classroom based training course.

Can I work on a construction site without a White Card? What are the penalties if I do?

Completion of the General Construction Induction training is a mandatory legal requirement. Clause 326 of the WHS Regulation 2011 states that a worker carrying out construction work must keep available for inspection under the Act:

  • his or her general construction induction card, or
  • a general induction training certification held by worker, until a decision is made on the application for the general construction induction training card.

Maximum penalty is $1,250 (for individuals) or $6000 (for body corporate).

View All

Our trainers are here to help

Sibby Ilzhofer

Sibby has been a trainer for the last 20 years in various industries. Since 2010, she has become a VET sector specialist, specialising in Certificate IV in Training and Assessing, Leadership and Management, Work Health and Safety and First Aid.

Gino Debono

Gino Debono coming from the fire fighting background and was responsible for training of junior fire fighters, leading station drill and lecturing at schools. He’s passionate about training whether as a paid professional or as a volunteer.

Mehmet Obul

Mehmet Obul is one of Edway’s longest standing trainers. Training for us since 2010, Mehmet comes from a vast background from being a Doctor in China and having 15+ years in the construction industry.

Learn in Sydney

Our 6.5 Hour course fits neatly into busy schedules. See our dates and times from 10am – 4:30pm each day.

Get Started Today

To book a course, click your preferred date and location from the calendar. Then complete the online registration form on the following page. Once your details are submitted, you will receive confirmation of your booking via email.

$110 Online Special*

Book Now Limited Spots Available

White Card Training Sydney

Group Bookings

For group booking enquiries fill out the form below

Edway Training is a well-established, Australian based short courses training provider. We specialise in courses for construction, health and hospitality industries.

We have a solid reputation for running quality Group Training Programs across Sydney, NSW and Melbourne, VIC. Edway Training is committed to providing quality training at affordable prices. We are very flexible with the time and dates of the delivery of the courses and will do our best to accommodate your schedule. If the course can’t be delivered at your location, we can organise a special class for your group at one of our offices.

Edway White Card Sydney Training

We’re here to help!

Our friendly staff are here with personalised advice to help you find the right solution for you needs. This team of industry pros has extensive knowledge of the latest course information and requirements to assist your every need.

1300 663 350


Related courses

Apply OHS Requirements In The Construction Industry

Apply OHS Requirements In The Construction Industry

Edway Training offers CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry as a stand-alone unit. You can complete the unit online, in your own time.

First Aid Training Sydney

First Aid Sydney

First aid course covers the basics of essential CPR and what to do in common medical emergencies. If you are taking the course for workplace use, it is of particular importance to choose a nationally accredited provider.

Asbestos Awareness Online Training Course

Asbestos Awareness Training

Our online Asbestos Awareness course is suitable for participants who require being able to identify asbestos in a workplace setting & enable participants with the knowledge and awareness of the hazards and health effects of asbestos.