CPR training is essential in many different jobs including:
- Teaching and Childcare
- Emergency Services Personnel
- High-Risk Workers
- Personal Trainers/Gym Staff
CPR training is also highly recommended for:
- Boating and Sailing enthusiasts
- Competitive Athletes
Our Online CPR course covers the following topics:
- First Aid Essentials including; Recognising an emergency and Taking Action, Standard Precautions, First Aid Hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, Needle Injuries and Medical Waste Disposal
- Legal Considerations including; Duty of Care, Negligence and Confidentiality
- Hazard ID and Risk Management including; Definitions of Hazard and Risk, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Emergency Hazard Identification and Reviewing your Response
- Communication including; Cultural Awareness, Communicating with Casualties, Calling for Assistance, Communicating Roles and Responsibilities for Post-Incident Equipment Clean-Up,
Psychological Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Assessing and Monitoring including; Primary Examination, DRSABCD’s Emergency Action Plan/Basic Flow Chart, Airway Management of the Unconscious Casualty, Continued Management of the Casualty, Reassurance and Moving the Injured Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation including; Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Rescue Breaths, Chest Compressions, When to Stop CPR and Dealing with Infants
- Defibrillation including; The Features of Modern Defibrillators, Operating a Defibrillator and Defibrillator Products.
Our Online CPR course also shows many Practical Tutorial videos including;
- The Recovery Position
- Compression Point
- The DRSABCD Process
- 1 Person CPR
- Information on Practical Assessment
Please note that our ONLINE ONLY CPR COURSE will NOT result in you receiving an accredited certificate in HLTAID001 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation upon completion of the course. Our Online courses are designed for people who require the knowledge of CPR, and also for people who live in rural areas who cannot access face-to-face training to be assessed for practical competencies. As this course is online only and practical competencies cannot be assessed via this method, participants will not receive an ASQA accredited certificate and, depending on your employer, may not be suitable for work. Check with your employer if this course is right for you if required for employment purposes before commencing the course.
Students will be required to complete some Online Workbooks after referring to the CPR manuals provided in the online portal.
Students will be required to submit a statutory declaration after completion of their workbooks in order to receive their certificate.