Construction Induction training is required for:
- All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive a WorkSafe Victoria issued White Card, a person must attend a formal face-to-face training session. White cards obtain through online providers might not be accepted on some construction site in Victoria.
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety (WHS) related topics, such as health and safety legislative requirements of construction work, construction hazards and risk control measures, health and safety communication and reporting processes and incident and emergency response procedures.
White Card training course consists of PowerPoint presentation, class activities, videos and end of the day assessment.
White Card Information:
- WorkSafe VIC issued plastic cards are national and accepted all across Australia
- If a person is out of the industry for 2 consecutive years, WorkSafe VIC recommends to re-do the course to be compliant and have up-to-date safety information.
- To get a replacement for a lost or stolen WorkSafe VIC issued white card, a person needs to contact WorkSafe VIC directly on 1300 852 562.
Owner Builder Information:
When applying for the Owner Builder licence, you will be required to provide a copy of your plastic white card.
Please note that the Victorian Building Association (VBA) accepts ONLY plastic cards. Paper Statements of Attainment are not accepted.
To attend a training session, you’ll require to have a device (laptop, desktop or tablet) that is compatible with Zoom.
To test if your device is compatible, visit zoom test page.
To check zoom’s technical requirements, refer to the Zoom Technical Requirements section of the terms and conditions page.
2. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To attend the class, you MUST have the following PPE available prior to the beginning of the class.
PPE is available for sale through the hardware warehouses (such as Bunnings or RSEA).
Please note that PPE must meet Australian Standards (refer to below list for standards and examples).
According to the WorkSafe VIC, following PPE is required
1. Head Protection (hard hat) (AS/NZS 1801 Occupational protective helmets) See Bunnings UniSafe Yellow Type 1 ABS Safety Helmet
2. Eye Protection (AS 1337.1 Personal eye protection, Eye and face protectors for occupational applications) See Bunnings EyeShileds Safety Glasses
3. Hearing Protection (AS/NZS 1270 Acoustics – Hearing protectors) See Bunnings 3M Disposable Ear Plugs
4. High visibility reflective vest (AS/NZS 4602.1 High visibility safety garments class day/night and AS/NZS 1906.4 – Retroreflective materials & High Visibility materials for safety garments)
See Bunnings UniSafe Large Orange Hi-Vis Day / Night Safety Vest
3. LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)
As part of our pre-training review, all students are required to complete LLN indicator to determine a student’s eligibility for enrolment into their selected course.
All students enrolling into any Edway Training course must have LLN skills to do simple calculations, understand English well enough to be able to read, write, and provide verbal responses to questions in English.
If you feel you will require assistance, please ask to speak with a trainer confidentially at enrolment.
4.USI (Unique Student Identifier)
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if a participant does not provide a valid USI
All participants MUST provide their USI. If you do not have a USI, please create one here.
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if a participant arrives 15 min after the scheduled starting time.
Participants should arrive 15 min prior to the scheduled starting time to complete the necessary registration checks.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED if a participant does not provide a valid form of I.D.
Participant MUST provide a 1 form of I.D. (e.g. Passport, Driver’s Licence, KeyPass).
After completing registration online, ID needs to be uploaded into the LMS and then presented during the Zoom training session.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training and allows to start work immediately)
- WorkSafe VIC issued Construction Induction plastic card (which will be mailed by WorkSafe Victoria)