Why You Should Apply For The Owner Builder Certificate

Owner Builder Certificate

It is legally required for you to finish an approved owner-builder course before you can apply for an owner-builder permit if you want to do an owner-builder construction or renovation in NSW. Edway, widely regarded as the best online owner-builder school in Australia, is approved by NSW Fair Trading and provides the most thorough and user-friendly owner-builder education available. A significant life achievement is constructing a new home.

Owner Builder Training Online

Before being qualified to apply for an NSW Owner Builder certificate, all people must complete the required NSW Owner Builder Course. Our nationally recognised owner-builder training programme satisfies Fair Trading NSW’s educational standards.

Our online owner-builder course satisfies all of Fair Trading NSW’s educational standards, including the following units of competency:

  • CPCCWHS2001 Implement WHS regulations, guidelines, and practises in the construction sector.
  • CPCCOM2001 Plan and specification reading and interpretation
  • CPCCCM1011 Carry out fundamental costing and estimating
  • CPCCOM1013 Organise and plan the job
  • CPCCOM1014 Communicate in the workplace

A homeowner who has a permit plays the usual function of a licenced builder and oversees the building work being done on his or her own residential property is known as an Owner Builder. An Owner Builder includes ordering construction supplies and hiring contractors directly into the project. Like a typically licenced builder, they successfully oversee the entire job.

You also need to own a White Card in addition to the Owner Builder Course (known as the unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry). It is a safety course for everyone working in the construction business. You must finish our White Card Course if you don’t already have one.

If you already have a White Card that was issued: Less than 2 years ago, you can start our Owner Builder Course without having to take the White Card Course again; More than 2 years ago, and if you haven’t worked in the construction industry since then, you’ll need to register and take our most recent White Card Course.

Applying For A Permit From The Owner-Builder

Participants in the course must submit an Owner Builder Permit application after completing it. Through Service NSW, you can do it in person or online. You will need to provide the following in addition to your project documentation and confirmation of ownership:

  • To deliver the Statement of Attainment as proof that the Owner-Builder Approved Education Requirement has been met.
  • To hand over a duplicate of the White Card (Note: the SafeWork NSW certificate is not accepted, it must be the plastic card)

Apply for the owner builders certificate today!