Here’s Why You Need to Transfer Red Card to White Card in Melbourne

Transfer Red Card to White

If you have worked in construction before, there is a good chance you still have the old Victorian card. But can you still use it if you are planning to work in the construction industry again? You may have heard that you will need to transfer your old Red Card to a White Card. But why is this necessary in Melbourne these days?

Why Do I Need to Transfer Red Card to White Card in Melbourne?

The old Victorian construction induction card was originally the accepted certification for employees of the construction industry in Victoria. However, it is no longer considered a valid certificate. With that in mind, you will need a transfer from a Red Card to a White Card in Melbourne.

The new WorkSafe VIC construction induction card will also allow you to work in other states. This means you have the advantage to work anywhere in Australia. Needless to say, it is highly recommended that you transfer your Red Card to a White Card in Melbourne.

But what do you need to get a transfer? You will need to provide the original Red Card, a valid government-issued I.D., and a valid USI number. Upon completion, you will be given the WorkSafe VIC-issued plastic White Card. It’s a very simple process that can be easily done online.

Get the new certification today! Make sure you’re getting your card from the best available provider. Edway Training offers Red Card to White Card Transfer CPCCWHS1001 online. Book now and get your new card as soon as possible!


Please Note: We have a maximum of 10 students per class and practising social distancing requirements of students being no closer than 1.5 metres from each other. Please refer to Edway COVID Action Plan which can be found on our website.