If you are interested in starting a career in construction, obtaining a “white card” is essential. However, doing so can be challenging if you are currently working in another industry, but there is a solution that provides both convenience and flexibility: online white card training.
Doing your white card training online is the easiest way to obtain accreditation on your own schedule, so you can properly manage your transition into a new industry.
In this blog, we will discuss what you will learn during an online white card training course and highlight the benefits of remote learning.
Content Covered In An Online White Card Course
If you are concerned about taking an online course rather than a face-to-face training session, don’t be; both the online course and in-person training provide the same qualifications.
Important topics that are covered in white card training include:
- Health and safety legislative requirements of construction work.
- Construction hazards and risk control measures.
- Plan and prepare for safe work practices.
- Health and safety communication and reporting processes.
- Incident and emergency response procedures.
Online training allows you to cover these topics in your own time and revisit any subject you may need refreshing on.
Benefits Of Online White Card Training
There are several benefits of attending an online white card training course, but two stand out the most for convenience and flexibility:
- No unnecessary expenses. An online course mitigates a number of unnecessary costs, such as travelling to the city where the course is held and finding boarding for the duration of the training. Instead, you can save and enrol in an online course, and receive your white card from the comfort of your home.
- Self-paced learning. Online white card training is entirely self-paced, giving you the benefit of completing your course while maintaining your current lifestyle. This way, you can continue working and attending to other responsibilities, and complete your course in your spare time. In addition, the online training is available 24 hours a day, so you can access your course content at any time that suits you best.
White card training is mandatory for all persons looking to work in the construction industry, and it is a prerequisite for obtaining employment on a construction site. So, give yourself the best chance of starting your construction career and enrol in Edway Training’s online white card training today!