Here’s How You Can Still Use Your Victorian Red Card

How You Can Still Use Your Victorian Red Card

Finding a job in the construction industry is easy when you already have all the requirements. But what if you only have the old Victorian Red Card? Luckily, it’s still possible to use the card in Melbourne. Additionally, you don’t need to take construction induction training to use your old card.

Can I Still Use My Victorian Red Card?

The Red Card was once the standard requirement in Victoria. However, it has since been replaced with the White Card. If your old card was issued before 1 July 2008, you will still be able to use it in Melbourne. Just be advised that it will not be accepted outside of the state.

How Can I Tell If My Red Card Is Still Valid?

Here are things to check about your old card:

  • It must be issued before 1 July 2008
  • The numbers on the card must be readable
  • It must be the original card and not just a copy

It is important to remember that some companies might suggest a refresher construction induction training if you are a Red Card holder. With that in mind, it is advised to get a Red Card to White Card transfer which does not require additional training.

You can now get your old Victorian card transferred into the White Card. It is highly advisable since the new card is accepted in all states. This way, you will be able to use it outside of Melbourne.

Are you interested in getting the new card? Edway Training offers Red Card to White Card transfer in Melbourne. Visit them today and get your new certification right away.