There is little doubt that facing an emergency situation can be a terrifying experience. It is even scarier when you are unprepared with the right first aid knowledge. Luckily, you can be ready as long as you know the necessary Emergency CPR steps Melbourne. Here are a few tips to remember in case you need to perform Emergency CPR Steps Melbourne.
- Act quickly. Once you see someone collapse, you need to check on them right away. It is important to help as soon as possible. This way, you will be able to help save someone’s life.
- Always check on the patient’s breathing first. Check on their pulse and whether they are breathing before proceeding. You also need to look if there are any obstructions to their airway. Only then can you proceed with the emergency CPR.
- Take time to correct your stance before proceeding. Improper chest compressions will only do more harm than good. Make sure your hands are in the right place before pushing on the patient’s chest. This way, you are properly keeping the patient alive.
- Never forget to call for help. Although it is important to perform emergency CPR right away, you will also need to call for help. Get one of your companions to call Triple Zero (000) so you can go through the procedure. It will ensure that trained professionals can get to you and the patient much sooner.
- Consider taking CPR lessons. With the proper training, you will be prepared for any emergency situations no matter where you are.
Are you interested in taking a CPR course? Edway Training offers Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) HLTAID001 courses in Melbourne and Sunshine VIC. Book today and be ready for any type of emergency that comes your way.