Are Security and Crowd Controllers Require RSA Training?
Edway Training Logo

Do Security and Crowd Controllers Need RSA Training?


There is little doubt that bartenders and most food servers will need to get the Responsible Service of Alcohol course. After all, these workers will need to have the certification before they can work in an establishment that serves alcohol. But is the course also a requirement for the other employees of the said establishment? So are security and crowd controllers also required to get RSA Training?

Should Security and Crowd Controllers Get RSA Training?

All establishments with general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licenses are expected to have employees with the right certification. This applies to licensees, managers, bartenders, food servers, RSA marshals, and even volunteers who will work temporarily at the establishment.

But does it also apply to security and crowd controllers? Although these employees are not serving or selling alcohol, they will still need the certification to work in the establishment. In addition to that, they need to have knowledge about maintaining safety in the workplace.

Are you one of the security or crowd controllers who need RSA training in Sydney? Make sure you have all your requirements in place. You will need to provide a valid form of photo I.D. and a valid USI number for the course. You are also expected to complete an LLN assessment before you will be allowed to take the course.

Take your RSA training today! Edway Training offers Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol SITHFAB002 courses in Darlinghurst, Seven Hills, and Mona Vale NSW. Book now and be prepared to maintain safety at your workplace.


Please Note: We have a maximum of 10 students per class and practising social distancing requirements of students being no closer than 1.5 metres from each other. Please refer to Edway COVID Action Plan which can be found on our website.