Online First Aid training covers the following topics
- First Aid Essentials, including – Hygiene and Infection Prevention, Personal Protective Equipment, Infection Control, Needle Sticks and Waste Disposal
- Legal considerations including – Consent, Recording, Privacy and Confidentiality
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management including – Identification of potential causes of injury and illness, Risk Assessment
- Communication, including – Cultural Awareness, Communicating with Emergency Personnel, Calling for Assistance, Psychological Trauma and PTSD
- Assessment and Monitoring, including – DRSABCD’s, Continued Management of Casualties, Reassurance and Moving the Injured Casualty
- CPR including – Cardiac Arrest, The Chain of Survival, When to Stop and Dealing with Infants
- Defibrillation including – Modern Defibrillator Features, Operating a defibrillator
- Trauma including – Basic care of wounds, Shock, burns and scalds, electrical shock, Head injuries, Spinal injuries, Facial injuries, Eye injuries, Nose injuries, Mouth injuries, Ear injuries, Chest injuries, penetrative chest wounds, crush injuries and crush injury syndrome
- Medical including – The Heart, Chest Pain, Coronary Heart Disease, Angina, Heart Attack, Stroke, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Croup and Epiglottitis, Epilepsy and Febrile Convulsions, Drowning, Meningitis, Fainting, Hyperventilation
- Practical Tutorial Videos including – Recovery Position, Head Tilt, CPR Pistol Grip, Compression Points, DRSABCD Process, Defibrillation, 1 Person CPR, Management after CPR, Secondary Examinations, Anaphylaxis and Asthma
Please note that our ONLINE ONLY FIRST AID COURSE will NOT result in you receiving an accredited certificate in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid upon completion of the course. Our Online courses are designed for people who require the knowledge of First Aid, and also for people who live in rural areas who cannot access face-to-face training to be assessed for practical competencies. As this course is online only and practical competencies cannot be assessed via this method, participants will not receive an ASQA accredited certificate and, depending on your employer, may not be suitable for work. Check with your employer if this course is right for you if required for employment purposes before commencing the course.
Students will be required to complete some Online Workbooks after referring to the First Aid manuals provided in the online portal.
Students will also be required to submit a statutory declaration after completion of their workbooks.